Listen to segment #1 (approx 10mins)
To start our conversation, we discussed differences in implementing big data projects around
- Manual implementation vs. automation in big data applications
- Explosion of complexity associated with big data implementations
- Big data skills gap
- Data quality has different meanings for sensor data and other big data types
Listen to segment #2 (approx 9 mins)
In the next segment, Murthy and I chatted about
- Speed of data intake
- Speed of data classification and self-service data preparation
- Need for specialized development resources
- Long term maintenance/agility of big data environments
Listen to segment #3 (approx 6 mins)
Next, we discussed the trials and tribulations of data governance associated with the data swamp… errr… data lake
- Dispersion of data across multiple environments such as Hadoop
- Format of multi-structured data in Hadoop
- Impact of regulations and regulatory frameworks on data governance across multiple industries
Listen to segment #4 (approx 6 mins)
In our next segment, Murthy and I discussed the issues associated with security and privacy associated with big data.
Listen to segment #5 (approx 6 mins)
Finally I asked Murthy if Informatica customers view big data as an asset or a liability?
- Embracing the challenge of big data?
- Fearing the change to a new data management paradigm?
- Is it a mix of both?
Listen to the entire podcast (approx 34mins)