It is a longstanding policy of Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to encourage and maintain the highest standards as an independent research firm to produce objective, high-quality analysis of technology service management tools and practices. Social media has extended our breadth and depth of outreach to the IT community. In this outreach, EMA is still guided by its commitment to research integrity. Within the social media community this means we expect our analysts to adhere to the following guidelines.
- Know and follow all EMA policies and guidelines.
- Use social media to add value to the IT community.
- Engage in constructive conversation with the EMA social media community.
- Be respectful of your audience. Do not use obscenities, ethnic slurs, make degrading personal remarks or raise topics that may be offensive—such as politics and religion.
- Correct mistakes in a timely manner and indicate to the online community when updates have been made.
- Protect EMA and client confidential information.
- Adhere to copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws.
- Request permission before referencing clients or partners.
- Save intellectual property, such as key research findings, data, and advice, for our clients who pay for it.